Superdroid WiFi Robot (Waterproof)
- Brand: Superdroid
- Product Code: TP-631-100
- Availability: 2-3 Days
This is an easy to use tracked robot intended for inspecting pipes or areas with low clearance heights. It is waterproof and fully submersible. It includes a pan and tilt camera with 30X optical zoom. The robot comes programmed, fully assembled, and ready to run right out of the box.
The robot itself is extremely rugged and well-built. The tracks are molded without (no splice), are axle mounted, and direct driven by powerful right angle 42mm gear motors. The chassis is made of aluminum, which is all cut using our CNC Plasma table for an exact fit-up and then hand welded.
We offer three control methods for this robot: Wi-Fi (wireless), Wi-Fi and/or tethered IP (maximum of 250ft), and tethered RS-485 (up to 500ft). All use a provided tablet as the controller and video display. Wireless is good for more areas in which there will not be much obstruction between the tablet and the robot. Tethered is a must for navigating long distances into pipes and culverts. The different control options are further explained below in the control options section.
The robot has a custom PTZ camera mounted on the lid with 360 degrees of pan and tilt ranging from -10 to +90 degrees. The camera has a 30X optical zoom. Remote controlled LED lights are also included on the camera tilt housing to illuminate whatever the camera is looking at. All the camera functions are controlled from the tablet wirelessly as you stream the video. The video feed can be recorded on the tablet and still pictures can be taken for reviewing.
This robot package comes with the following:
- MLT-42-W Waterproof Robot with PTZ camera
- Tablet with program installed and configured
- Control system (selected below)
- Battery chargers
Everything is included and configured so you can just turn it on and drive it on arrival.
- Remote Inspection - Remotely inspect areas that are not easily accessible to people. Record the video feed on the tablet!
- Entry into difficult areas - This tracked robot is very quick and has the ability to traverse many obstacles that often stop other robots.
- Remote Monitoring - Compact, lightweight and fast you can control this robot from the supplied tablet
- Remote Surveillance - The 360 Pan and 90 degree tilt camera with 30X Optical Zoom allows the robot to see everything.
This robot comes with the recommended configuration. If you need it customized, let us know and we will be happy to provide a quote.
- Speed: up to 100 feet per minute
- Runtime: Up to three hours
- Camera System: Custom 360 degree pan and -10 to +90 degree tilt with a 30X Optical Zoom 1/4 inch Sony Color CCD.
- Audio: None
- Interface: Custom Remote System with Tablet OCU, selected below.
- Weight: 15 lbs as configured
- Dimensions: 13" wide x 16" long x 12" high
- This robot is built to order based on the options selected below. Please allow 4-8 weeks for shipment.
- Actual delivery may vary based on workload, contact us for a more accurate delivery time.
- Contact us if you need expedited delivery.
We offer three control methods for this robot: Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi and Tethered with 250ft Ethernet Cable, Wi-Fi and Tethred with 250ft Ethernet Spool, and tethered only with 500ft Ethernet Spool. All include the tablet, which is used as the controller and video display. Wireless is good for more open areas in which there will not be much obstruction between the tablet and the robot. Tethered IP comes with a 250 foot spool or 250ft ethernet cable. The tethered RS-485 control package comes with a 500 foot spool. We use high quality outdoor rated Tethers with waterproof connectors.
- Wi-Fi Control System: For use in open areas and short distances into obstructed areas. Wi-Fi will not typically work well underground, in pipes, etc. where the wireless signal is degraded or blocked.
- Wi-Fi and Tethered System with 250ft Ethernet Cable: When the signal is too weak for wireless, plug in the supplied 250ft Ethernet cable to switch to tethered mode. We use high quality outdoor rated cable with waterproof connectors. With this option, the cable is not on a spool. Shorter lengths of the cable can be made. Contact us if you need a custom cable length.
- Wi-Fi and Tethered System with 250ft Ethernet Spool: This is the same as the previous option except the cable comes on a spool. The spool allows easy deployment and retraction of the Ethernet cable.
- Tethered System with 500ft Cable Spool: For those that know wireless will not work for your application and need to go up to 500ft, this is the best option. The robot will only operate when the tether is connected between the tablet and the robot. If you need a shorter cable, please contact us.